View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duditz View Post
thanks jman. yes, that's the kind i have and i got it all right pretty sure. threw in the battery and didn't get anything when i tried to start it. didn't crank. is that an electrical issue? left my meter at work so can't check anything so maybe i'll just wait till i get it. or do you have suggestsions on what to check. i've done some reading and i guess it could be quite a few things but they all say use a meter to check. how do you change to manual style petcock? what's the difference?
The manual petcock is very easy to change it just takes a big wrench to get the original petcock out of the tank then install new one. Use some fuel line tape on the threads. The manual petcock is nice because its doesn't rely on vacuum. Also I forgot to mention a inline filter for the fuel line is a nice touch. With this also u get to put a lever on the manual petcock letting you cut the fuel supply off when you have to take the carb off for any reason. For electrical there's tons of threads of guys including myself that have ran into electrical problems because these buggies weren't wired the greatest. Like tom said make sure battery is hooked up correctly first. Next check that fuse its in the electrical box. Next get your volt meter and a test light. Since your not getting any cranking at all you have to make sure you are getting power to your key switch. Another trick take a long screwdriver and just touch both terminals on the starter solenoid see if it cranks or sparks. Start there and let us know. If you want one of my threads show an entire re wire I have done on my hammerhead because I couldn't take the stock wiring anymore.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.