Thread: My Spiderbox
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

Toomanytoys2 said it perfectly. Most who get these buggies just want better performance but don't totally understand just what performance they want and where they want it. A good example is most will start with CVT mods since they are the cheapest but don't realize that when they eventually start the engine mods the CVT mods many times become moot and need retuning. CVT or electrical does not make more power. What I would suggest is to do all your repairs on the chassis first and drive the buggy. By driving the buggy you will learn the weak points of the engine, and everyone will have a different opinion on this simply due to the type of riding and terrain. I can tell you right now your engine is under powered simply due to it being a scooter designed engine which a scooter is half the weight of your buggy and has a fraction of the driveline your buggy has. The CVT mod will only change your shift points but will not produce any more power. You may not want to go faster but may want better acceleration to keep up with the 4 wheeler while driving the trails. Let me be clear for if that 4 wheeler shifts up into 3rd or 4th gear there is no way to keep up with them cause you only have a 150cc. Most of the trails I have driven on I have had no problems keeping up with the 4 wheelers since they too will usually top out around30mph unless on a long strait stretch so they will gain but when they get into the curves they have to let off the throttle where you are able to stay in it longer therefore catching up to them. Moderate engine mods are all that is needed to accomplish this. But you will need to drive it with others to access your needs. The next step is budget, and I'll say this that there are two ways to accomplish what you want. One is the cheap route which is the most expensive and the second is the correct way which may be more initially but much cheaper in the long run both in time and money and although some will disagree with me time is money. In fact time is more valuable then money for money can always be made but time cannot. You run out of money you just make more but you run out of time that is it.