Thread: My Spiderbox
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Heavy Contributor

Just painted the roll-cage using this as the paint and this as the primer. I sanded with 60 grit paper and it looks great! 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint with a lil bit o shellac over it.

Sorry for the grainy pics as my ipod touch's camera is a whopping 1.3megapixels. and it was low light

My next little project with my "spending money" is some bed liner for the floor and a battery/ammo box for the battery and get some connections wired/re-wired with some new shrink wrap. I cant ride it till march 31 (as per federal regulations on the whissenhunt trail system) so I might as well do some quick things to pretty it up before I get into some frame stuff. Any recommendations on inexpensive bed liner? I have my eye on some roll on stuff for $23 from Amazon... It got good reviews, but rolling it on is hard work!

Just curious if there's a good spray on for a decent price. I know rust oleum makes a spray on bed "protector" that everyone seems to liken to textured paint, so I'm not too sure about that. I think I'll go with the stuff on Amazon (Herculiner if you want to look it up)

Here are some prep pics I just added:

^ before sanding, shows some rust and some bare metal. Looked OK from a distance

^ during my priming coat. when i painted, i took the roll cage stuff and hung it under my porch stairs to dry and do some touch ups.
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!

Last edited by TheFauxFox; 01-03-2014 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Adding details