Thread: My Spiderbox
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Heavy Contributor

Today, I finally finished all the nitty gritty stuff (I hope). My little "dashboard" is all set up with some zip ties and JB Weld, my roof is solidly put on, I have my battery box installed, and lights all wired up.

Here's a pic of my starter switch and its connections. I just wrapped the wire around the terminal, heat shrunk it, and since the heat shrink was a tiny bit large, I hot glued it. Overkill? I think not!

This is how the whole kart looks now. Essentially, all I did today was wire up the lights and starter and get the dash installed, but it felt like it took a lifetime (especially outside in the 25 degree cold).

Side view

Rear view

Another battery box detail

The dashboard (will probably modify soon, but I think it looks pretty good now)

These headlights ARE NOT as bright as they look. It was daylight outside, and my camera auto adjusted and made them look really bright. I think that they will be good if I am driving off to/from a campsite or something and I get stuck as the sun sets...but, they were about $20 for the set, so who's complaining?

Dash detail

I worked pretty hard on this stuff, so I'm a little pooped right now. Although I love how it all looks, but now it's time to start saving my money for the real stuff I need (ball joints, steering rack, new, non leaky tires, and some new front rims/wheel hubs. Oh! And some new spindles). I have a spare set of A-Arms the old owner gave me, and I have an angle grinder, so I'm going to grind off the suspension mounts of the bottom a-arms and use them as tops. It gives me an excuse to get new, reinforced spindles, plus it'll keep me busy!

Anyway...if anyone wants links to any of the materials just ask. It's not hard to find.

'Later!
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!

Last edited by TheFauxFox; 01-04-2014 at 04:37 PM.