View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

I tried one of those small kits designed for atv's. A simple system consisting of a injector nozzle that I tapped into the side of a stock intake. A hose running to a small container that holds a cartridge like the co2 cartridges in a pellet gun. Drop the n2o cartridge in, tighten the bottom cap to puncture the cartridge and a button on the top gives a shot of gas.
Zipped tied the container next to the wheel and took some laps. Got up to speed and hit the button. There was a sight increase in power, nothing stupendous but you could feel it. Rpms picked up approximately 500. Cylinder head temp goes to the roof! Im guessing there's about 10 to maybe 15 seconds of gas in the cartridge. It's intended for some quick shots only I think.
The motor totally leaned out! Spark plug was scary! Tom's correct, it will toast a motor.
You HAVE to have some way of adding more fuel to the mix while on the gas. How much extra fuel? I have no idea. I thought maybe of using a tee in the gas line with a drip orifice into the intake but you would need a solenoid valve to open and shut the line when not needed or a switch to power off/on the fuel enrichener. but is that enough? It will require a lot of trial and error to get it right and most likely sacrifice a motor in the process. I shelved the project for another day at that point.