View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Lurker

UPDATE: Here were the diagnostic steps I performed today.

1) Removed chain cover and notice there was some slack in chain. Tightened
2) Removed CVT cover and every thing looked fine

Bolted everything thing back and took for a drive. Could still hear some clanking and at one point the wheels locked up. Seemed like reverse was fine. At the end couldn't get it in gear at all.

I am guessing it is the transmission.

I am certain the original owner is the culprit. He told me that when putting it in drive if it grinds to put it in reverse then drive. Pretty sure he was the one that began this problem. Sure, my kids have had issue doing this same thing, trust me they were told better, but I think it was too late and bound to happen.

Is it common for this transmissions to have issues?
Where can I find QUALITY replacement parts?
What advice do you have for getting better low-end torque?

My thought is that if I have to start replacing engine parts that I want to have a plan on how to improve it. The thing goes plenty fast but I would like to have it do better in the mud. Eventually I will want to upgrade carb, injectors, etc but since I have to rebuild the transmission first I will worry about the engine latter.

So the final question is with the ultimate goal being better low end and maintaining or increasing top speed what would be the laundry list of parts to accomplish this?

-Thanks