View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Lurker

UPDATE:

First of all much thanks to Tom from www.sycpowersports.com He has not only been very helpful in diagnostics and advice he was able to get the parts I needed at a fair price.

So it was the cluster gear and the final gear that were all jacked up. Final gear was missing 3 or 4 teeth and one of the gears on the cluster was just shredded.

So when I was putting things back together, at 1 AM (BAD IDEA), one of the gears missed it's hole on the other side and it drove right through the case. Time to call Tom again to get a replacement case.

Since the case was destroyed my neighbor was able to get the bearings out without too much concern. So now this is where I am at.

1) Can I or should I even try to save the seals?
2) If I can save them how do I get them out?
3) Do I need someone to press the bearings back in or can this be done, with caution, by my neighbor and I. NOTE: the neighbor is a really handy hillbilly.

It's looking like the seals would be less then $20 shipped. I understand the logic in replacing them but, considering the kart has very few hours on it and the seals look good I was wondering if I could save some money here.

Can I reuse the seals?

Thanks for the help guys.