View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 01:15 AM
Contributor

Default Buggy rescued

Well I was able to take a jumper pack and rescue the buggy.

Plug looked a little fouled but not enough that I would have thought it would affect starting.
Uni filter was drenched because I left the redneck intake 12 inches long and the filter was sitting out the rear in open air.

Pulled and blew it out with compressed air till dry

She was an evil lady to get started even after cleaning the plug and drying the filer.

Im thinking maybe I should go back to the 36 pilot jet and see how she behaves.

She ran good once I got her started but man she didn't want to start even with starting fluid and refused to idle with out giving her some gas until fully warmed up.

Game plan is to switch back to the 36 main and pull and check the enricher.
If its not working like it should and the jet was to big then when cold she would be flooding and that maybe why she didn't want to start even with a shot of starter fluid after sitting for 2 days.
Im also going to cut the redneck intake down from the 12 inches (Left it long cause I thought it looked pretty cool with the red UNI filter sticking out the back) to about 7 im thinking. Pretty sure I don't want to go less than 6.
I want to move it under the rack because it got drenched sitting out for 2 days in the rain. The rear rack will provide a little cover.

Might also pull the valve cover and check my valves. She has had a decent amount of hours put on her since the rebuild and they maybe out of adjustment.

Gonna see about hitting the salvage yard and see if I can find a motorcycle muffler to mount to her as well. The gutted one sounds good but I can hear it from too far away witch makes it useless as a hunting/scouting buggy