View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Power User

no stickers or anything Id'ing it ??? --sometimes on the engine is one with engine manufacturer and a date, which will help a little. So many of these buggies look the same--same source with small variations built for different brand names. While the wiring is all pretty much the same, the color codes vary, sometimes it's easy to find the right manual with the diagram and color codes in it. That said, it looks like everything is hooked up except what you're holding in the first picture. I have two engines/harnesses from different makes and at first i was mystified. within about ten minutes it became pretty clear that based on plug configurations and wire amounts per plug as to where everything should go. I did end up with a new solenoid with a female end on it and my engine also had a female plug. So if you have a replacement part in your hand that won't connect because of the end, you may need to splice it in. Type "FEV" in the search box and there's a thread showing how to check that it's working correctly. I'd connect those two you have and give it a try. Also, a new carb can be dirty with manufacturing and/or packaging debris right off the start, so it's likely worth checking it to see if there's an issue. also could be a fuel line/pump issue or vacuum connection.