View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Lite Contributor

Default 2004 Talon 150cc popping at WOT

I posted this in another post but I thought I may need to post it in a new one so it will be seen,

I have a talon 150cc and I have replaced the following items.

Carb
intake
air box
stator 8 pole
fly wheel
rectifer
coil
plug
fuel pump
adjusted valves

and it still pops when you floor it. If you drive it a half throttle it runs good and smooth, if you mash the pedel to the floor it starts breaking up and will not accellerate. You have to back off to part throttle.

I ordered a CDI but I had to order a waring harness adapter and I am waiting on it to come in so I can use the new CDI. It has oval plugs where my factory wire has sqare plugs. Both are AC cdi's.

Any ideas if I am chasing the correct thing? Hope to find out what is causing this soon. Buggy cranks right up and idles great. Will run great until you go pass half throttle....I even pulled the new carb off and checked the jets to make sure they are not plugged....It is not the carb....where to look now? Or am Im on the right track? Here is a picture of the cdi I have. The orange one is the new one and the black one is the factory one. And the wiring harness is what I had to get to make it a plug and play installation.
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131217_152440 (Medium).jpg (52.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20131217_152435 (Medium).jpg (61.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg cdi-wiring-harness.jpg (17.5 KB, 0 views)