View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Lurker

Default Help With 150cc Exhaust Manifold

I was recently doing some CVT work and while i was re installing the exhaust pipe, one of the studs broke off about half way. enough to where you cant get a nut on there anymore.

its hard for me to tell as i have little XP with these smaller engines, but are the studs replaceable? i tried using a pair of vise grips and seeing if i could un screw the piece still in the manifold but no luck, i thought either i was not approaching it right or they probably are NOT replaceable.

in which case what are some opinions on ways to tackle this situation. obviously it could just be a sign to do a BB Kit but i will only do that if i have no other option than to replace the manifold.

its in a tight space, or my first thought was to cut it at the base and then tap it and use a bolt instead of the other way around, but i cant get my dremel in there, its too awkward.

thanks in advance, btw the buggy model is a tao tao atk 150 c , i looked at the parts site for tao tao but i couldnt even find the manifold for my buggy.