Thread: BBK and BB case
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Contributor

I was running 10.5/12.5 rollers, 1500 spring that is a year or more older. My wife is about 140 my son is 175. The trail was hard packed and temp was about 78/82? it was windy and a bit of clouds out. The oil I like is 15/40w shell rotella non synthetic because it has a higher zinc that helps non roller cams. The constant rpms killed it because we were with my brother in-law and kids and they were on motorcycles.

It was really dry in the desert like 20% humidity, also forgot to say that I moved the needle from the second to the third clip to lean the carb because last trip it ran rich so I thought.

I finally did a real jet run before we went home and about 100 yards full throttle turned it off and waited till we got home and pulled the plug. I dont like pulling plugs on hot motors. It was clean on one side and a little color/ light tan on the other side.

I have been doing jets runs wrong and letting it come to idle and shuting it down.
It has a 125 main/34 pilot a/f screw about 2 1/4 turns out .

Also weather is different every trip we go. Ocotillo wells desert park is at or sea level.

Dont get me wrong I love the big bore stroker motor and would not go back, just still getting use to tuning it. I also need a bigger header pipe and muffler to get that heat out faster. Still running a stock modified muffler. Good news did get from 28mph to 35mph with the motorio pulley at like 8600 rpms. It ran great around camp and tight trails just not good at constant high rpm with the 39t gearing.