View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 12:33 AM
Contributor

mb1134 I also have 10/12 sliders but the 10 gram sliders have the most run time and wear. Last trip when we broke the frame next to the chain adjuster bracket had to drive back about 4 miles going slow and noticed that the clutch was grabing hard at low speed and it was lugging and lazy off idle.

The point Im trying to get to is that we had put 10/11 gram sliders in and the 11 grams were new and the 10 grams were worn like a year old. When we got home to take a look at the variator it was stuck in the half way closed position because one of the sliders had fallen back and stuck the variator. I dont know if it was a 10 or 11 forgot to pay atention. But for some reason when driving back one of the sliders must of stuck and fell back, might be because the worn and the new werent working together well.

The thing I dont get is we ran this set up hard and fast no problem, broke the frame and drove back slow and it started chugging and that is when the slider fell back just one.

It may be from the old 10g and newer 11g sliders so maybe best if they are both fairly new. Also make sure you put the sliders in the right way because they can be put in wrong because I did. The tallest part of the slider should be vertical to the pin.