View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 08:01 AM
Lurker

As a side note, I put clear fuel lines on right after I flushed the tank. Fuel flow is no problem. went through the buggy with my VOM. Everything checked out good except my light switch only works intermittently. I did find four wires leading from the dish to the electrical box that have abrasion damage down to bare wire on 2 wires. am going to cut and solder them in a few minutes. Spent all weekend doing lots of different things to the buggy. Welded in brackets to move the seat forward so my wife and daughter can reach the pedals. She is only 4' 11". One thing I thought of and plan to address today is that I replaced the stock airbox with aftermarket air filter and extension. If I grab the filter and wiggle it side to side briskly it kills the engine every time. The carb moves around a lot compared to the way it moves with the stock airbox in place. am going to weld up a bracket to mount filter extension tube to the frame. I checked to see if my intake manifold had a crack or a vacuum leak by shooting starting fluid around it while flexing in different positions. no leaks. So before I crack it I will mount the air filter better. It really seems like I have a severe fuel slosh problem. I am going to check connections again with VOM just to make sure. But i'll fix the abraded wires first. If you guys can think of something, no matter how obscure, please chime in! Thanks!