View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 07:33 PM

More frustrations! Anyone here use Airgas for their welding gas? Because I am about done allowing them to take my money. I got my tank swapped out Friday, and today when I hook it up, it has a whopping 25psi..... Great, another day cut short. If I may ask, what is the normal pressure for a freshly filled argon/CO2 tank?

Back to topic. Minor improvements, moved the lower shock mounts and braced up a few of the factory joints on the swing arm while I had the engine out. Moved the mounting point forward 2", brings the angle down and more acceptable, and still leaves about 3" articulation with shocks in the top holes.

I used to doubt my welding skills, until today, when I finally got the old shock mounts off, I found 2 spots the original metal was taken out with the cut welds, either I found the weakest points, or I got real good penetration.

I also made a change on the oil cooler side, decided to ditch the 1/4" barbed fittings and found some 3/8" x 1/8"NPT 90 degree fittings from ACE, to eliminate the need for an inline reducer to mate the oil cooler hard lines to the hoses. The oil cooler lines are metric, but fit rather snugly into 3/8" fuel line, and I hope to not need to flare the ends to keep the hoses from popping off If anyone has input on going from hard line to hose, please chime in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-07-14 18.49.37.jpg (93.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-07-14 18.49.06.jpg (94.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-07-14 18.49.15.jpg (95.2 KB, 37 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'