View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Been awhile since I actually got something done on the Yerf, 2 things have been driving me bonkers for weeks, oil cooler and exhaust.

I got a stock oil cooler from an ATC 350x. It turns out, I really like the old ATC's, and might look for one soon. I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out where to mount the blasted thing, so today I pulled the trigger and mounted where I originally wanted it. Not perfect, but all things are a compromise at this point. I would have rather had it lower and out of the way of debris and branches, but also wanted adequate airflow without being in the way in the passenger compartment. Like I said, compromises. I found a guy that soldered barb fittings to the ends of this same cooler, and I like that idea a lot better than a partial flare on the ends.

After looking for pre bent sections of 1-1.5" exhaust pipe, I finally found someone that can make them. So I chopped and mocked up where I want my muffler and pipe routed, and sent the order in for what I need.

FYI, carbon fiber is tougher to cut than I thought, and about 4,000 times as itchy as fiberglass. I ended up cutting 7 inches off the can, making it a 9" center section, plus end caps. Probly gonna be pretty loud
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-10-27 18.48.33.jpg (94.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-10-27 18.48.13.jpg (93.9 KB, 22 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'