View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny 5 View Post
Slestak I wouldn't grind your pin and the lip on the drive face fits in the pulley at top speed. I think the lip is to get better low end on take off.

Why don't you get a stock fan pulley that doesn't have the raised lip. And 45mph is no joke, make sure your seat belts are to German torque specs (good-n-tight). We put nice cam lock 4 way belts on both buggies and always wear helmets because if you break a ball joint or tie rod at 45 hang on.

When we are ready for a new buggy the one you have is for sure my top pic. I want more power but air cooled motors are easy and don't want to mess with a radiator behind my head with 220 degree coolant.
I do agree while sitting in this thing traveling at 45mph that 45 is no joke. I would say that if you ever consider getting one like mine that you go for the kandi model KD-GKA-2. Mine is a knockoff of this one and has some "cheap ish" issues. Welds and the like. The front end on the Kandi also looks to be more solid. But if you find one cheap. My wheels are cracking at the bolt holes. Other than that its doing pretty good. Definitely running strong with Toms ported and polished head on it.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.