View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 02:31 AM
Contributor

Default update

SO its been a bit since I posted an update and a few things have changed.

Rear rewire was nearly completed when the connectors for the regulator and CDI both decided they had had enough and disintegrated so had to order some replacement pig tails. They are finally here and will hopefully get the chance to get them added to the system this weekend.

Other big change was I had been letting my kids drive the buggy around in between rewire sessions. I had the rule that they could only drive it while I was home so I could watch for issues and because of my work hours that meant only on weekends. that rule was not followed and kids were driving it every time I wasn't home. Well kids don't understand the importance of little things like checking the oil.

So I get to my weekend and head out to start and warm it up for them to take a short ride before I replace more wires and they inform me that it died on them and that they cant get it to start.

Well it was more like couldn't get it to crank. so I hook up the booster thinking dead battery and still get the same result just real slow crank. Pull the dip stick and you guessed it not a drop of oil on it.

So get some fresh oil in it and get her cranking like she should and she fires up and runs. Granted the only reason I know she runs is because I can hear the engine I cant see a dang thing for the huge cloud of smoke lol.

Well after checking her over I haven't been able to find any indication that the bottom end was damaged and there are no signs of damage to the head.

But we all know that the rings and cylinder are toast.

So now I have added a top end replacement to the to do list.

My plan at this point is to go to the 155cc kit.
I was able to confirm that my engine is the 1p57qmj with the 54mm stud spacing so I will be able to get the parts pretty easy.

I know there are bigger options but the 155cc kit is drop in and I have no where close that I can trust to cut the case for me and overall cost is an issue.

So that's where im at will update one I can get a kit ordered and update on the progress getting it put in.