View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Heavy Contributor

Unhappy weird electrical problem

So three weeks or so ago I was blasting around in the rain, big puddles etc.. buggy was soaked but running fine.. Went back to the campsite for a while and an hour or so later got back on it to got for a spin.. Went to crank the motor and it barely would turn over, like the battery was almost dead.. My buddy saw smoke coming out of my electrical box.. after I got it home I opened up the box and found the ground wire from the harness (that attaches to one of the CVT cover bolts) was melted.. So, i bought a new stator (green wire from that looked a bit melted too), and a new harness. Got my new VM26 carb on today and it started right up. Shut it off to fool with the jetting, and when I cranked it up again, motor barely would crank and ground wire heated up and started smoking again.. Wires only heat up when I crank the starter, not while it's running.. Any ideas?
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B

Last edited by wildbob; 10-23-2014 at 07:50 PM.