View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys2 View Post
Master, I really do not see an advantage to that type of suspension over a trailing arm or A-Arm type. I have been trying to visualize it for its movement, but it seems like for the work, that it would only be marginally better then just a regular swing arm. I can see how it might be better in situations like off camber, but it seems like it would still upset the whole rear end in whoops and other bumps. Do you have any more info on this type of design?
It is better in the sense that I can reuse the axle I already bought, and all the hubs and such. Plus, like you already found out, adding IRS to a Yerf frame is like putting lip stick on a battleship. Although a control arm/CV set up would be better, and a triple chain/trailing arm would be best, I also have to consider cost and labor involved in adding CV's or trailing arms, hubs and so forth.

This design seems simple, yet effective for a semi-IRS with a swing arm mounted engine. I don't want to be working on this buggy for another year without any seat time, so it's the best of both worlds, so to speak.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'