View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Lurker

I think you hit it on the head. These simple engines compared to what used to. In a prior life is was a A/P mechaninc. I've completly changed course. The 200cc from scrappy dog was a crap motor.

I ened up getting set as a dealer for Tiagia/KYMCO in TW. (I own a custom MC buisiness for the last 11 years) These are supposed to the the best MFG of GY6 engines. They do not sell complete engines but I can comple unassembled for a good cost. I see other venders selling these parts at 4X price increase.

I'm doing a 232CC Water Cooled monster for under $900.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
I will say that other than the need for a helper spring on the outside lever, I haven't read of many--if any "real" failures of the internals. there have been a few on the various forums where the user dumped it into gear while moving or revving, and of course damage will ensue. the externals give more fits with cables and the setup can cause premature output shaft and or bearing problems if chain tension and mounting isn't done right. I've got two internals right now, one on my wife's baja, and one in parts in the basement. Neither has had reverse problems yet.