View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Lurker

i have done all that except the valve clearance. The pug is diffidently chalky which means its not getting enough gas. there is no air leaks in the vacuums line or the intake manifold. i did notice that the vacuum line that goes to the carburetor. that cover that the line connects to i took that off and i can barley get a bread tie threw there. Its not clogged its just the way they machined it so i am thinking that it might not be getting enough pressure to the gas tank to let the fuel flow right. On the other hand the buggie did run fine a couple of years ago with this same carburetor! The sparks seems to be pretty blue so i think iam good there. i will buy some feeler gauges tomorrow and check the valves. I did put the buggie on a stand and started it. It idles fine and when i give it full throttle it revs up you can still tell that it doesnt have all the power it could have but at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle it misses and sputters and pops back up threw the carb.
Thanks tom for helping me with this i really appreciate all the help from every one thanks!!!!

Last edited by prosteveo; 12-08-2010 at 11:23 PM.