View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Lurker

Default Gy6 idles at low speed and then dies too

Just like the previous post, mine cranks, ides for about 15 sec and dies. It dies if I give it any gas/accelerator at all.

I just bought it used, so have no history on it. Baja reaction 150. Dogs ate the wiring, so i rewired the bad spots. Almost positive everything is correct because i was able to match all wire ends ( ex yellow to yellow, green to green, etc)It didn't even fire when I got it.

I pulled the carb and cleaned very well. The float looked a little off, too angled but i left it alone because I didn't know the setting. Put it back on and it fired right up and idled. I went to bed.

Next day, I cranked it again and it idles for about 15-30 seconds and then died. Keeps cranking back up but if I give it gas, it bogs down and dies immediately. Also, after many cranks, it idles less and less, maybe only a few seconds after it warms up.

I pulled the carb again cleaned again, adjusted the float to parallel to the body because I saw that on a forum somewhere. No change in problem.

Help please. It seems too rich on the surface, but could be a cdi, choke, or another electrical problem. I've been over wiring and can't see anything apparently out of whack.

Problem exists with air box hooked up and with air box removed.

Last edited by nacra533; 01-25-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Spelling