View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

I ended up making the foot controls as the ones on the kart were beyond repair-to bent up/rusted and had been welded on & the cables were routed under your feet(not good in my world). I found a simple set of pedals & made a demountable bearing bar encase I want to modify it in the future(like add a clutch pedal or add hydraulic brakes again).It get's the cables/shafts on the side where you're not stepping on them and I can protect them from damage. Plus I moved the pedals much farther forward for more leg room.I could've bought a pre-fab set of pedals but where's the fun in that! it did take me an evening to round up the material & fabricate the parts (couldn't have got them any quicker if I'd found a place that had them). The brake pedal is the main shaft and the gas pedal is a sleeve over the shaft. I still have to make the cable end mount for the throttle & the shifter handle,but the rear brakes are complete and functioning.I don't like the support tube in between the pedals as that's a BAD habit using both feet.

Didn't realize my drivers seat hadn't move all the way- it has 11" of travel! a small kid can reach the pedals as well as a 7' person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001 (8).jpg (35.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 002 (4).jpg (44.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 003 (3).jpg (38.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (43.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 005 (2).jpg (34.2 KB, 6 views)