Thread: Build me a CVT
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 10:22 PM

To me, it sounds like you have a good combo already. My top speed is about 40 MPH, so if you're getting 45, that's pretty good. I would have to guess your internal gearing is a little different than mine. (Yerfs are geared for good bottom end)

Not sure why you're burning up clutches? What size rear tires are you using?

One of the best mods you can do (and is FREE) is to optimize the air flow into the CVT. This will help keep temps down and might help some with your clutches.

Clean up the air openings (often there is casting slag that can be removed)

Eliminate the stock intake snorkel and install a scour pad (make shift filter) over the case opening to allow more (filtered) air in

The only other suggestion I might make would be a performance secondary pulley. They have optional "race" and "rec" grooves in them. Who knows, maybe the "race" set up might keep you in low range a little bit longer, but should still allow you to hit top speed over extended runs?

I have the KNM "perfromance pulley" and didn't notice any top speed gains as advertised. But I did notice a little more bottom end performance. I don't remember if it had the optional "race" groove or not though....

Just something to think about
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........