View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM

Small update, waiting on slow shipping on my spindles, so I decided to weld up the roll cage on the Yerf. I decided to add 1 inch to the main bar to make it tall man comfortable. Boy what an undertaking, lol, but I got some progress to report, most of the time I spent notching the tubes to fit by hand, which kinda sucks, thinking of making a trip to HF and pick up a notcher, even though I might only use it a few times. All the tabs are off, and the main bars have a 5 inch slug inside the extension for added rigidity, I know, the materials are not top notch DOM tube, but it sure beats the heck out of the cheap bolt/flat pipe set up from the factory. Got it mocked up, and welded the extensions while I contemplate buying a notcher this week.

Can anyone with a spiderbox tell me what the angle is on the top bar relative to the bottom bar, I had this one taken apart before checking, I know the bottom part is 60 degrees, but the top I think is a different angle, I set the bar back up and got 75 degrees, but want to make sure before welding it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0362.jpg (94.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0363.jpg (94.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0366.jpg (89.1 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Masteryota; 02-17-2013 at 07:33 PM.