View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 10:27 PM
Lite Contributor

Default no start (no spark?)

As the op states. The engine cranks. I have good fuel and good compression. I started with new spark plug (gapped @ 0.28). I ohm checked sparkplug wire (good). Cleaned contacts on coil. Checked grounding. At this point no spark (with sparkplug in and out). I attempt to start 5x in a row then once it starts (I got spark?). Try gain and nothing. I check strator no visual evidence. I cleaned contacts on strator. Checked strator wire harness. No frays. 4 pin is tight. I have 2 wires. Black/red and Blue/Yellow. I have a Blue/white (with bullet style connector like the the other two) that I connected to the blue/yellow from strator. I don't see a mate for the black/red. Where does it go, can it be reason for not starting? With the description stating it cranks fine. I just have to do it 5x or more and maybe it will catch and I would use gas pedal to keep running. Once I let off and the procedure repeats. I looked at electrical schematics and some show the black/red going to cdi. The 4 pin has 3 wires. One going to the blue/yellow. The 2 pin has one (black) which it looks like it goes to main harness that connects to front of kart to key ignition. Thanks in advance!