Thread: Twin talons
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckorlando View Post
As always brother, good job.

Far as steel size and amounts go...... What that 400 was built for, you cant have to much. If you recall I hit that boulder in Tn in my 400. Threw me off the trail and into a downed tree at 30mph. That downed tree was the only thing between me and the side of that mountain. Bigger engines, and 2 strokes most certainly, things go faster and go bad faster. They fly further. Hell you were just a touch of luck from rolling on that jump. 095 dont weigh to much when your falling 12ft out the sky on your lid.

At the end of the day, that machine was built with utv racing in mind. Or maybe just reckless trail riding on the verge or stupid. ahahahaha

hahahahaha ypu know i'm up for either or both.
it's like when i used to race cars. dudes would ask why i didnt move up in class. i would say i dont want to buy a new more expensive car. they would say just throw a sportsman motor in my street stock. the thing is even if i could get it to handle as good as a sportsman i dont think it would take the hit of the better more built up chassis at a higher rate of speed than it was built for deeming it unsafe in my eyes. well building a buggy is about the same mindset. you build it for what it's intended for. the 400 was built for a UTV race if it ever got there, and it might hold up. but it is safe. heavy but safe. a 150 i beleive you could go .065 all the way around if the cage is built right. even a tad thinner being welded and a better design than a bolt-on cage will more than compensate. i just think using the .083 just makes it that much more safe on the main & overhead hoops.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX