Thread: Twin talons
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Supporting Vendor

well after 2 1/2 weeks of suffering through pneumonia, i'm finally back in the shop. i actually called a bunch was friends to see if they could give me a hand this past saturday to see if i couldnt put a dent in making up some of the time i havent been well enough to work. basically in a days time i had my trusty sidekick Jeff rebuilding the motor for the second talon, one buddy strip down another talon carcass for parts so i could discard the tub. 2 guys pulling 5 motors including my yerf motor which i suspect is about to throw a rod, judging by the noise in the bottom end. another bud sanding down and painting swingarms, one of which is for the second talon. one of my buddy's brought his teenage nephew so i had him manning the sandblasting cabinet prepping parts for paint. Jeff's brother'n law tearing down seats for ground up rebuilds. ive prepped a room for testing the waters to do seats in house. i see enough seats come through here that are rotten i figure there might be a niche. this project will test how well this will work out. in the mean time i was able to install a rebuilt in a customers yerf, fix the shift cantilever, replace shift cables and replace a carb, intake and brake pads on an older manco 150, then spend the rest of the day working on the talon. rebuilt the rack, bolted on the entire front end, pedals, headlights and other misc odds and ends. finished and painted the exhaust, and fired up the motor. all is left is a new master , cables and the seat.
BIG, BIG THANKS TO MY GUYS, AND THANKS TO MIAMI EDDIDE TO HANGING IN THERE W/ ME!
it's been a tough month but on a sidenote saturday was fun, kind of looked like a buggy factory. always fun to see quick progress!

oh and fired up the motor too
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=671561322923013
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (44.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (43.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (49.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (47.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (42.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (40.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (34.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (37.6 KB, 7 views)

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX