View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonioe202 View Post
Well i tryed the wires today and this time i pushed in the brake and still got that clicking noise just sounded stronger then before. So just for some laughs and giggles i connecet the red yellow with the black and the red at the same time and sure enough it turned over but still no spark. What should i do next as now i can get it to turn over normally buy now i get no spark at the plug
it sounds like both your brake safety switch (the one that when the wires are not connected, will not allow the engine to crank) and your kill switch wires are giving you fits.

Right now it sounds like you have connected the safety switch wires together or have the switch working (good) and also have the kill switch wires together (not good). the kill switch (button on the dash) will let the engine crank over, but will not let the coil energize the sparkplug. also sounds like Black is your positive lead. the clicking is a relay in the dash closing when the safety switch is "connected" allowing the voltage to pass through to the starting circuit. the clicking is good--indicates the relay is working and the safety switch wires are good. is the kill switch wires are connected, make sure the push button is not stuck in. That happens with mine a little tap or two pops it out and it fires right up.

Last edited by x-bird; 04-12-2012 at 10:05 PM.