View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
My point is this, looking at the mods you have listed for your buggy anything larger then the stock carb would be a total waste of money and actually hurt your performance. Serious engine mods must be done before looking into a larger carb. Not everybody who wants speed just rides on a paved surface. I ride the trails and if not a strategic trail and just a run of the mill trail thru the woods without a lot of ruts I'll run 40 easy and sometimes reach 50 if a long enough stretch. Your correct with the transmission. The cvt really limits these buggies. I had a 50cc cycle and in 4th I got up above 50mph and there was still more but it scared my old %ss. Now if we had a 4 or 5 spd. tranny behind our 150 with a stock engine, speeds would be greater and have more low end.
Yeah, The fastest I could get up to on my trails are about 23mph... I'd think 27mph is about how fast I'll get at St. Joe on the flats and on the trials 20mph, if even that.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.