View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

I talk with many many people each day so I don't always remember the specifics. Your ported and polished head is going to make all the difference since it is allowing so much more air/fuel to be drawn into the engine to fill the cylinder. I do know some who have used that carb of a stock lightly modified engine which would give then better throttle responce but is still too much for a stock engine. As I said in previous post since we don't have the access to a flow bench or dyno most of what we do is by the seat of our pants. I believe the later Carter SYM motors used a 24mm slide but that was a stock engine. I am still using the CV carbs on my buggies, and as I said earlier comparing a CV to a slide is like comparing apples to oranges. With the mods to your engine I feel the VM 26 606 would be the best option, the 28 may be a bit too big though. I know this for sure in that setting up a slide carb is more picky then a CV carb. What you have experienced with your carb could be from improper set up. The CV carb you change jets and go but the slide carb is more tunable since you change out jets, slide needle and seat to tune it. Not sure if you had just bought it and threw it on. If so you will need to purchase a master kit to tune it for your application. When we talked I may have understood you having a CV carb, sorry for the confusion. Is the carb you bought an actual Kein or is it a knockoff? If it's a Kein it will be on the side of the carb.