View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
Well, so far the NCY 58.5mm BBK and NCY ported head with stock intake and carb have gained me zilch. Still max speed at 38.9 MPH

HOWEVER: I am experiencing an issue.
Do you guys think I'm running my carb bowl dry when running say 100 yds at WOT? Using a 40 pilot jet and a 135 main
It's the gearing thats holding you back. the motor mods are getting you to top speed easier and faster but the final gearing will only spin so much.

Yea, With that jetting, your sucking fuel faster than the lines can deliver.
If you haven't already, get rid if the vacum fuel cutoff and use a 5/16"manual cutoff. those vacuum units are restrictive.
using a high volume/capacity fuel filter helps also . the excess fuel in the filter acts as a extra reservoir when the demand is high. I like these filters, they are high volume,fast flow, replaceable filter elements and clear to enable observing fuel flow and you can also see the element so you know when it's time to clean or change. Only down side to the unit is it has a glass outer shell so you have to keep it securely fasten or it may bang around and break.
i've never had a issue with the 3/16 carb barb being restrictive. as long as there's enough fuel ahead of the barb. it works fine for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yerf 004.jpg (87.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: gif pfs-13_sm.gif (4.9 KB, 24 views)