View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM
Contributor

I dont know about the p motors but just make sure it turns smooth by hand after cam installation.
I put a A9 cam in the red buggy with the ncy 11k rpm springs and the inner spring would
bottom out causing it to bind. I was rotating it by hand and noticed it was binding at max lift on the intake and the exhaust. The a12 cam works fine in the blue buggy with the same ncy valve springs.

What I found was the A9 cam I got is ground 1mm smaller than the A12 when you measure the width of the cam lobe, The A9 is 20.47mm on the intake and 20.12 on the exhaust when you measure the smaller profile of the cam. The A12 is 21.50 intake and 21.03 exhaust. Almost a mm narower causing the max lift to be more on the A9 due to the rocker arm following closer to the cam.

The cam lobe on the A12 I got is 27.30mm intake and 27.00mm exhaust. The A9 is 26.90mm intake and 26.80mm exhaust when measuring the widest ponts.

I was confused why the a9 was maxing out the spring being a smaller cam. But when I put it in the rocker arms had to be adjusted almost a full turn in to come in contact with the cam. So after measuring the cam lobes I found the 1mm smaller diameter put the rocker arm at a different angle causing more leverage I guess. I was able to send it back and am waiting for another A12, should be here on Friday the night before we go to the desert.

I always wait till the last minute to get stuff ready for off roading.