View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Lite Contributor

That's one thing I don't like about the CV carbs, for one is the hesitation...I mean this is only a 150 here, I'm trying to get all the potential this lil motor can offer.. Another is I can't stand a diaphram base carb..just something else that can go bad..but, this is all just a matter of my opinion..the reason I was going with the round slide vs the flat slide, is because it is easier to tune this buggies with the round and, it gets rid of the lag and hesitation the CV carbs offer..my opinion, they should have used a gravity petcock and a 26mm round carb on these buggies from the factory..I have had so many issues with these carbs...I have 5 of these buggies and had to replace ALL the CV carbs on them due to either a hole in the diaphram or dry rotten diaphram..I have owned motorcycle or 4-wheelers my whole life and I'm a small motor mechanic who has worked on many bikes, just not a fan of the CV carbs..I have a ton of jets that I can play around with, just was going to get a ball park idea on where to start..on this buggy here: 1500 main clutch spring with new clutch, 11 gram sliders, Kevlar belt, UNI air intake, hot Ignition coil, hot CDI, has upgraded true 26 mm CV carb with a 130 main, JD from Jerseydevil hooked me up with his performance exhaust system..runs good, just wanted better