View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

He is an interesting guy to say the least. I met him couple years ago when I brought my head and cam to Ultridine Cams to figure a custom cam for my GY6 motor. As Don and I were talking cams I brought up dyno's asking if he knew anyone selling one for a reasonable price. Thats when he told me to talk to old man Lunaiti next door. He was there checking out 1 of the 4 huge buildings he just had built. I went over there and he dropped what he was doing and we talked. He took me to another building and showed me the home made dyno and explained how he used it for his son's gokart which he had won over 100 first place trophies. He explained that although it had no computer capabilities but said it was just as accurate. He then explained how I could use it and how to calculate the HP to within +1 to -1% of a new dyno. After explaining I looked at him and said Huh! he looked at me and said Oh your one of those who napped during math class then laughed. He said when he and his son built it he
couldn't afford a dyno for his son's kart but that he wanted to teach his son how to tightly budget and still win. He is old but plenty sharp and a very interesting guy to talk to.