View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Lurker

Tom, in a discussion thread you had with WilliamFVC he mentioned that he also has a JL1P57F engine, but his is in a Roketa. I was able to find a pic on the internet of the JL1P57F but it looks like it is configured for a scooter with a kickstart. The pic is too small to see much detail.
I was going to mod the CVT to get my revs up for the winding sand trails I ride on, but the performance clutch torque spring I ordered from GoKartsUSA did not fit my clutch. Instead I found a 42 tooth rear axle sprocket. I will miss the high end speed, but I really need my revs up at low speeds.
I have not done any mods to the breathing, other than cleaning the bore in the main jet which seemed to have some brass chips in it, which may explain why it seemed like the Carbide was starving and running hot.
It was GoKartsUSA that told me that my Carbide 7150 does not have a GY6 engine, and that is why the GY6 clutch torque spring I ordered from them would not fit.
There are several people on the web that claim that the stock jets in ASW buggies are lean and recommend moving up several sizes. 130 seemed to be recommended. My son's buggy has a 101 main jet in a KeiHin carb and he runs in the desert in Arizona. I don't mind running rich as long as I don't build up combustion chamber deposits.