Thread: Mods installed
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SlickNick View Post
Just closed up enrichment valve a little and that seemed to help.
I am close to dialing it in. I am up to 134 main and just a little to lean still with some top end bog.
just ordered 136, 138, and 140 mains. hoping these will do the trick.
Quote:
Tried 136 and 138 and still rich and still has the top end bog. I am getting so frustrated with jetting crap.
I have top end bog on every jet I have. Ever tried.
Could cdi cause this??
Ok, you need to recheck where you are and get a definite base line. Above are 2 conflicting quotes, and with just one size difference, you should not have that drastic of a change.

A CDI could cause weak spark and a false rich condition, but this is pretty unlikely, because most times it will also be hard to start when cold. Since you never mentioned a hard start issue, we can almost rule that out.

In a perfect world, we all would have a pile of new plugs lying around for jetting purposes, but in your case, stay with the same plug, or wire brush it ever other jet change, until you can iron out the surging issue. To me, in the video, it sounds like it is loading up on fuel, but again, your plug is the tell tale.

I would start by dropping about 4 sizes(smaller) on the main, and make sure the enrichment valve is fully closed, and see where you stand. Do this till you see a change in the top end. When you get it close, then pop in a new plug and fine tune it.

If it starts and idles well, and does not surge or stumble off idle, then you likely have the pilot pretty close.

If you are still concerned about the CDI or coil, then you can try this and watch it or have someone watch when it bogs, but I doubt the ignition is to blame, since this all started after the engine mods.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'