View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 06:07 AM

Hello there, I thought I might chime in as I am doing an ATC 200s swap into a spiderbox. I will be using a completely different axle in mine, as the hub is welded to the axle and can not be moved, not to mention, the stock axle sucks. For the gearing, keep in mind that you are essentially doubling, or even tripling the weight the engine would be moving around, so a lower gear ratio might better suit you to keep the clutch from slipping, my atc came with a 3.9:1 ratio stock, with a 520 chain, I will be adding a jackshaft to help with the chain/shifter interference, and lower the gear ratio without using a huge sprocket on the axle, somewhere in the range of 4.6:1 final drive. For the shifter, its all in your preference, if you like foot operated, go with that, but having 3 pedals on an off road buggy makes me nervous, I have opted to go with a hand operated shifter by way of cable and brackets, to a modified shift lever, and I will be installing it between the seats so it won't get hung on a branch or anything.

Mainly, the only difference between our engines is you have reverse and electric start, whereas mine is pull start only and no reverse, but I couldn't pass up the price for it. I will be putting a higher comp piston in and bigger clutch springs to beef it up a little, but other than that, air filter and exhaust is all I'm doing, and that should wake her up some.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 04-12-2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: spelling