View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Lite Contributor

Default 200sx

Thanks for the reply 'yota ------ some good thoughts for me to ponder on -------------- the crossfire R already has two cable levers between the seats it may be possible to incorporate the shifter into the lever , the thing I like about the foot is the abillity to pop the clucth , I wonder how much the weight is going to cut down performance also , this 200SX is a hot motor , I got 2 Honda 4 trax TRX300's and a TRX200SX thats running , the 200SX will blow the doors off the 300 in every catogory except ground clearance , I have never GPS'ed the 200 but from what I have read and what it feels like I 'd say it does over 50mph easily , it is sacrey fast , and will wheelie you off the back if you throttle up and pop the clutch , The motor going into the cart is bored 30 over , I got a new header /muffler and I have a set of carb jets to play with the tuning , between the 5 speed transmission and getting away from the belt annd clutch I am thinking the performance should be double what I had with the Howitt 150cc if I get the ratio right with the sprockets , I might get lucky with the sprocket set up as it is bolted to a hub which is mounted to the axle that has set screws in the hub , have not taken it apart yet to see how it made yet , the Tomerlyn has a double chain where the 200 has a single , I am thinking jack shaft and then I can swop sides with the chain and leave the hub alone --I had a 1982 Honda 200 three wheeler back in 82 and it was aggod motor , the Sx has electric and pull start , a good feature --put an ad this morning for the Howitt engine and have some one that wants it , I got another Howitt 150 with reverse that runs to get rid of , which will give some some fuel for the fire