View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:32 AM

The only issue I see with using the quad axle is the mounting of the swingarm to the buggy frame. I had a 200sx at one time, and it seemed kinda narrow to promote any kind of stability, not to mention, it was set up for the engine to be set further ahead of where you would be mounting it.

I would advise to keep the hydraulic system, although cables and drums seem simpler, they just don't stop as well as hydraulic disc. Thats why auto makers have phased them out almost completely. Increasing power and top speed, you will need the hydraulic disc to slow down, and on my 200sx(86) it had dual discs up front, which would be around 70-80% of your stopping power. Although the parking brake would be nice, its not worth the outdated and possibly ineffective drum set up. I would actually advise beefing up the existing brakes by adding another disc and caliper, or converting the existing to a motorcycle sized disc and caliper. I am weighing the options on both sides for mine.

As for the throttle, you have unlimited options. You can run a cable from the pedal back to the engine, or reuse the linkage/cable set up already there, I am opting for the full cable on my swap, as I don't like the link bars under my feet, and can not secure them as they need to move, I just hope I can find a cable to interface with the slide on the carb.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'