View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:32 AM
Lite Contributor

Hey 'Yota , making some progress but it has been slow with all the other projects and work I got going on , I have all the parts to put the jackshaft together and have it mocked up , my machinist friend did a great job , he cut down the 50 input sprocket to 52 and he beveled the ends of the teeth on the side he cut down and it looks factory cut and it engauges the chain very smooth as it rotates , he did say the tips of the sprockets were very hard from some type of heat treatment , he also bored the double toothed Crossfire sprocket that was splined and and welded in a fabed collar that is 1" keywayed and put two set screws thru the coller over the key way , ----------- where I am at now is building mounts for the 3 pillar bearings to mount to and still thinking on how to adjust the two chains and come to the conclusion it would be very hard to adjust both chains with one motion , I am throwing and idea around for the rear of making a pivoting idler arm with another sprocket on it , I could pry the arm to apply tension then tighten it down , a little concerned on timing of the chains pitch on the idler sprocket and wonder if it would cause permature wear , on the front chain I am thinking of have the engine slide on a mounting plate and tighten it down after the chain is adjusted --------- I really think I am trying to over think it ,and been kinda been wiery of the next move , thinking once I get past this jack shaft mounting then things should move along better