View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Lite Contributor

Default CrossFire 200SX

My original thoughts were to have that jack shaft under and inside the swing arm pipes mostly for cosmetics as I think it would look better and to run more pipes down to act as a leg on the pipe that is cut on side the engine with a plate of steel for the pillow blocks to mount to which would give it more strength---------- but I was think if I did that then the chains would be pulling on the bolts which hold the pillows down , where if I keep it like it looks the force would be pulling the pillows down on to the plate , the sprockets calculate to 4:56 , with 5 gears and 1st being SL (super low) I think this should be a fun cart , ----------------- 'yota I told a guy about you last week on the Honda site , he was talking about 300 engines in a cart and I mentioned to him that you did the shaft to sprocket conversion in detail with pics --------------- I am actually thinking ahead on another cart project , I have 2 EZGO Workhorse 350ST's one is running and the other a part cart with engine problems , it is a 350cc Kawasaki 2 cylinder 4 stroke , belt driven with a centrifugal clutch , I have a 300 Fourtrax shaft drive motor sitting idle and was thinking it would cool if I could get that engine in that cart and do away with the belt as I ride it in some deep water and the belt will slip