View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 08:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

Back in 2004 and into 2005 Carter in their 125cc used the 24mm, 2005 up to I believe 2007 Carter used the 26mm. My pre China built yerf dog when they were formed, welded and assembled in Mississippi has the 26mm. The Yerf Dog 150 UTV's I believed they were called scout used the Mikuni 26mm. Both my Blades come with 26mm. Kinroad used the 26mm as I believe so did Hammerhead.When MRP was still in business the carbs were listed for either GY6 or GY6 buggies. The only difference between the 2 were one listed for GY6 were 24mm for scooters the 26mm were for the buggies. In 2007 EPA started regulating the Chinese off road vehicles. Scooters had no problem passing EPA where as the buggies started down sizing the main jets. Buggies originally come with 118 main jets but in 2007 they dropped to 114 than 112 mains.In 2008 everyone had problems getting the buggies through EPA certification. That is when Carter went to SYM for their engines which basically looked the same as the regular GY6 but with redesigned valve angle and combustion chamber basically a revamped series B design. Kinroad was still sneaking them in using altered paperwork which later got them caught and their license was pulled by the EPA sometime in 2009. Hammerhead passed with their new design which incorporated the internal reverse which is currently used today. The first regulation EPA passed in 2007 was that all A/F adjustments had to be plugged and the breather hose had to run to the air box. I know this cause I had 25 carbs from Blade I had to modify than at the warehouse I had to swap them out on the crated buggies to make them compliant. All the carbs were 26mm. So yes I am absolutely sure. The performance carbs sold were either 30mm or 32mm. The 250cc buggies always had 29mm carbs on them. All the new style engines with the internal reverse HH, TM, ASW, Kandi all use the 24mm now in order to pass the EPA and also use smaller exhaust valves.
To answer BEEFKING69 no I do not I am trying to find them. All I have in 26mm is the Mikuni which went on the Yerf Dog scout. It is different in that it uses a manual choke and the bowl is deeper to where the intake would have to be spaced about 1" for it to clear. On the older buggies the 24mm will work but slightly undersized for the buggy especially with cam or head mods. The 26mm if perfect whereas the 30mm is too much carb unless one has extensive mods.