View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Small update, but huge weight off my back. Finally dialed in my shifter issues. Picked up a new lever, and started measuring and checking, and low and behold, I found my main issue. The cable I have only has 2.5" of throw, and I need ~6" at the end of the lever. Shorter lever proved bad idea. I tossed the idea around of using hard linkages, but could not find much info on people using them in conjunction with a swingarm. If I find something I like with the linkages, I may still consider doing it.

I then figured out how to multiply my throw, with a sub linkage. It's complicated, but it works, and does not require much effort up front. Getting the right angle and pivot points consumed most the day, but I got my final link in place, and boy am I happy.

Still waiting on some electrical parts to come in to get the engine to run. I also found that the cooler lines are not aluminum as I thought, they are steel, which shoots holes all in my plan to solder brass barb fittings to the ends. Oh well, back to using a flare tool, i guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-11-03 18.35.25.jpg (91.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-03 18.35.10.jpg (92.1 KB, 16 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'