View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Had my first failure- Had guests come over to help me clear trails and have some fun on their 4-wheelers. I let one of the men that's 6'-6" (about 180 lbs.)tall try out the kart. Since I was going out to clear trails I had the passenger seat of the Spiderbox full of tools, he took the modified kid's kart for him to ride with the other's on 4-wheelers. It got quite a work-out!!! He ended up getting hung up in a ditch because it has such a short wheelbase and it's only about 7" off the ground, while trying to get it out he sheared the keyway on the sprocket holder from boiling the tires on the hard clay.
This failure is not something I thought would have happened but anything's possible on these toys. Towed it home and we continued playing/working till 4pm. Didn't take much to fix though as I just cut a new keyway into the sprocket holder with a file, smoothed off the damage to the axle keyway and she's good-to-go again. Here's some pic's of the damage and the repair.
peace kart 001.jpg
peace kart 002.jpg
peace kart 003.jpg
peace kart 004.jpg
peace kart 005.jpg
peace kart 006.jpg
I'm still trying to get a video to show how well it functions. Everybody that drives it loves how easy it is to do donuts!

Last edited by metalstudman1; 06-13-2020 at 08:59 PM.