View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:43 PM
Contributor

Yes you will need to jump the two bolts. This can be done with a screw driver I prefer to use slip joint pliers but that's just me.

If you get nothing at all, the solenoid buzzes or crank is very slow then battery and all wires need to be looked at.

If it cranks just fine then your solenoid or wires to it from starter button may be bad.

Keep in mind that there may not be any obvious wire damage. If wires got cooked they could be cooked in the middle of a run inside the wire loom and you may not see the damage without removing the outer covering.

Also given that the wire is Chinese and not up to American standards then something else you might find is no big damage to the wire just a weird hole or small bubble in the plastic insulation (I have found this on several of the wires I have replaced on mine) The wire blew itself in two inside but the only indication was the small hole/bubble in the insulation.

The multi-meter will help you look for these but a visual inspection may help you find problems or potential problems a little faster.