View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Lurker

The carb seemed to keep leaking so I put a small needle nose vise grips on the fuel line to stop it. the next day removing the vise grips it seemed to be leaking again. There is no fuel shut off installed on the buggy anymore but Amazon is delivering one tomorrow.

I pulled the spark plug and reconnected it to the plug wire and grounded the plug against the engine. I flipped the switch and turned the engine over and saw no spark. I did pick put a new spark plug and need to look the recommended gap to set the plug.

Wiring is brittle as it looks to has been over fused and the insulation is melted and crisp. I've seen wires like this and it'll make for easy wire breaks with insulation still intact.
I have a new harness on the way that looked to be the same one installed, hoping it is...

Does the Ignition Coil, Rectifier (Voltage Regulator), or the Stator go bad or cause problems or do they seldom fail?

Any recommendations on where to order a good CDI, Ignition Coil, Stator, ect... I see a lot on Amazon but the reviews are all over the place.

I did find out the Starter coil must be week. When button is pushed it hardly turns the engine over. If you jump the starter coil bolts it turns over much faster... be still no spark.

Last edited by Papa Tom; 07-02-2020 at 09:59 PM. Reason: adding Information