View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Heavy Contributor

Changing from stock to 1500rpm torque spring and 11gram rollers made a nice difference on mine. The stock spring on mine just allowed the shift to start happening almost immediately after takeoff and my takeoff was terrible. After putting the spring on it slowed the shift down a bit and helped the takeoff some. I had pretty heavy rollers and so I drilled the center out to lighten them and this only made a marginal difference, also my belt never went near the top of the variator. After I put the 11 gram sliders on I noticed that the rpm's were higher before the shift started and all the way through the shift. I also noticed my belt now went to the top of the variator. My takeoff and hill climbing is much better now.This all happened over the last couple of weeks. I will be getting the Koso variator soon and I am getting head work done for more power. I may need to tune the slider weight a bit with new variator. But I think sliders are the way to go. You may want to try this before adding shims. I was able to gain top end and bottom. I was told a while back that there is alot to be gained from a properly tuned CVT and I have to agree. There is a sweet spot where you get maximum RPM's through the shift without losing top speed. You adjust your weights to the contra spring and when you hit that sweet spot it makes a world of difference.

@buggyMike that 3000rmp spring seems a bit much. It seems like the 150 would have a hard time getting that rear pulley open all the way with such a stiff spring in it.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.