Thread: Newbie??'s
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Lurker

Default Newbie??'s

Hello All,

I've been a lurker for a while and I am currently in the process of planning a build for my son. He has a 3rd Gen Yerfdog Spiderbox. Recently started smoking so I figured it was time for some father and son time doing a rebuild. While it's up on the stands I figured I'd go through it all and do multiple upgrades.

What we have planned for now id the following:

1. 155cc BBK with big valve head.

2. Installing an A12 cam

3. Either Jerseydevil or Hammerhead exhaust

4. New Performance CDI and Coil

5. New Uni air filter

6. Possibly a new carb

7. New 1500RPM spring and still trying to decide on the roller weights

8. New performance clutch

9. New front hubs with HD spindles (already have HD ball joints)

10. 10 inch polished aluminum wheels

11. Probably going to stay with a 20 inch rear tire for performance and a 19 inch front.

12. Relocated and larger battery

13. Going to do some research on new or drop in shocks. The stock ones are pretty sad.

14. Install a reverse kit

15. Replacing the stock lights with LED's

16. Possibly a strip and paint.

What else can you think of? The YD is bone stock as of now.

I have seen many parts listed on several sites so I am going to turn to you for some guidance. For starters, I have seen BB kits that pricing is right in line with scrap metal to very high priced to in between. I found a kit on ebay( http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOOTER-GY6-...EAAOSwGvhUAPOe ) and after some reading on here and other sites the guys seem well respected for selling a quality part. What are you thoughts on these parts? I see engine kits from Taila that are priced much higher, what are the reasons for that?

I have seen many performance coils and CDI boxes listed for once again, little money to big money. Can someone steer me in the right direction for these items?

Both my wife and I agree our son was born to drive something. He started by racing 4 wheelers at 4 years old, now 11, and has not stopped wanting to drive. I looked into the Jr Dragster thing for him but that is a serious commitment both financially and with time. With my work schedule now, its hard to take off out of town for multiple weekends so we decided to do this build. In my eyes - at least it keeps him off his Ipad and it's some good father son time.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

X